Self Guided Colosseum Virtual Reality Tour
Adults 15+: 54,90 €
Child 4-14: 35,90 €
Infant 0-3: 4,00 €
Self Guided Colosseum Virtual Reality Tour
Explore the Colosseum thanks to the first animated and interactive 3D reconstruction. With an Self Guided Colosseum Virtual Reality Tour, get to know the most important and ancient monument in the world in a new way. That is to say, a visit to the Colosseum suitable for all age groups.
Colosseum Virtual Reality Tour
Meet our staff at the designated location and join the group. Your companion will be happy to give you all the information you need to use the headset in the best way.
With our animated 3D reconstruction complemented by professional multilingual music and audio, exploring the Colosseum has never been easier and more exciting! All the contents within the reconstruction that you will observe, were handled by the well-known Prof. Filippo Coarelli and by the Digilab Archeo & Arte3D department of the La Sapienza University of Rome.
By participating in a Self Guided Colosseum Virtual Reality Tour, first of all, you will virtually walk in the ancient square of the Colosseum. Secondly, you will admire the fountain of the gladiators; the Arch of Constantine; the Colossus of Nero; inside of the Arena floor Colosseum with the Velarium, which closes to start the show; you will take on the role of the emperor to decide the fate of the wounded gladiator. “Death” or “Grace? Finally, you will virtually walk through the corridors of the underground.
After the experience in Virtual Reality, our staff will accompany you to the entrance of the monument. After the security checks, wait for your guide to arrange a meeting point and a set time with you and the group. You will have about an hour to visit the Colosseum and to meet the staff again and head together, if you are not tired enough, to the Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum. In front of you a real open-air museum. All while guaranteeing, with an added value, an extra accompaniment to assist each of you up to the entrance.
Once you enter, your guide will show you the path inside the other two archaeological sites. Continue the visit independently with the same Colosseum Ticket Skip-the-Line.
- Colosseum (self-guided)
- Roman Forum (self-guided)
- Palatine Hill (self-guided)
- Colosseum Ticket Skip the Line
- VR assistant in Italian and English
- VR headsets
- RC insurance
- Integrated audio guide (Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese)
- Eye mask cover for VR headset
- Hand sanitizing gel
- Guided tour
- Tour guide
- Access to the Colosseum underground
- Access to the Arena floor Colosseum and Third Order
- Transport to/from the hotel
Important things to know
- It is necessary to arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour start time. Customers who arrive late at the meeting point can NO longer join the tour, therefore they are not entitled to any kind of right or refund.
- Please show the voucher to the staff (also in electronic format)
- Attention: due to the mandatory security checks of the metal detector at the Colosseum, this could result in a slight delay at the entrance even for “skip the line” ticket holders
- Tour not available on January 1st, May 1st, December 25th.
- Ancient & Recent is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum and the Roman Forum due to strikes, union assemblies, bad weather, etc.
- Online bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance, last minute bookings are accepted by phone or email.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and bring a valid identity card
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Large suitcases or bags are not allowed inside the attractions
- For help with meeting points or other urgent issues, please phone +39 3313586107
- In case of rain, all our tours run regularly.
Meet us here
The meeting point established is at the ARCH OF CONSTANTINE, located on the Colosseum square, where you can meet our staff with a black flag with a golden Ancient & Recent logo.
Arch of Constantine, Via di San Gregorio, 00186, Rome.
Need to cancel your trip?
If you cancel your reservation you will be charged a 30% cancellation fee. Cancellation between 6 and 4 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, you will becharged a 100% cancellation fee. Refund will only be issued if the tour was booked and paid for directly with Ancient&Recent within a week from the cancellation. The payment will not be refunded for any other reason (i.e. weather, change of travel plans, illness, missed train..).
You may also like…
Show only reviews in English (532)
You must be logged in to post a review.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Super expérience, très enrichissante. A noter également un excellent accueil ! Merci beaucoup
Esperienza positiva 🙂