Arena Floor Colosseum Virtual Reality Tour
Adults 15+: 72 €
Child 4-14: 60 €
Infant 0-3: 0 €
Arena Floor Colosseum Virtual Reality Tour
Thanks to the Arena Floor Colosseum Virtual Reality Tour, you will be able to enter like a gladiator from the privileged entrance of the Flavian Amphitheater. Avoid the queues and the long security checks: a real VIP access! Live the Colosseum through an exciting experience!
Colosseum Virtual Reality Tour
Our Arena Floor Colosseum Virtual Reality Tour starts right here. In the most famous square in the world. Meet our staff at the Arch of Constantine (Colosseum side). Put on the VR viewer and start your journey in Ancient Rome, retracing, through three specific stages, the history of the symbolic Rome monument: the Colosseum.
Stroll through the surrounding square admiring, first of all, the Colossus of Nero, 32 meters high; then the Meta Sudans, the fountain of the gladiators; the Temple of Venus and Rome; finally the Arch of Constantine. Inside, you virtually witness a battle between gladiators and decide the fate of the wounded gladiator by taking on the role of the Emperor. Will it be Death or Grace? It’s up to you to decide. Finally, put the viewer back on and virtually enter the underground. Walk through the dark and smelly tunnels, where the slaves worked hard to make the show thrilling.
With our animated 3D reconstruction complemented by professional multilingual music and audio, exploring the Colosseum has never been easier and more exciting! All the contents within the reconstruction that you will observe, are handl by the well-known Prof. Filippo Coarelli and by the Digilab Archeo & Arte3D department of the La Sapienza University of Rome. An informative experience; educational and fun. Suitable for all age groups.
Everyone can say they have visited the Colosseum. But only you, thanks to our Arena Floor Colosseum Virtual Reality Tour, you can say you have lived it!
A VIP Access
When the Virtual Reality experience finish outside the Colosseum, your tour guide will accompany you inside the Colosseum to take advantage of the Arena VIP access. Access from the privileged entrance directly to the Arena floor where you can have an extraordinary 360-degree overview of the cavea, that is, the sectors. These could accommodate from 50,000 to 75,000 spectators. A panorama that will leave you breathless. Plus, get a close-up view of the corridors of the dungeons. A labyrinth of rooms and cages will open up in front of your eyes. Not to mention the structures of the freight elevators.
The Arena Floor Colosseum is a privileged VIP access. But with an Arena Floor Colosseum Virtual Reality Tour you will have the opportunity to step on the platform on which the gladiators were fighting. Close your eyes and breathe the atmosphere of the crowd in the throes of screams in the stands; of gladiators who suddenly leap out into the arena; between the stinging swords and shining shields. Imagine the Velarium above you closing and opening to shelter the public on rainy or sunny days. Finally, here is the emperor, who from the top of his podium watches serene and impatient at the shows dedicated to him. A nod from him is enough. The show begins!
Once inside, follow your tour guide on a predetermined route inside the Colosseum. Look out from the second level; look at what remains of the ancient marble seats; the original stairs that led the middle class to the last sector; and take unforgettable souvenir photos.
Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum Skip the Line Tickets
If you are not too tired, then, do not miss the opportunity to visit the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill. These, in short, are a true open-air museum! In other words, our tour guide will accompany you to the entrance to continue the visit in total autonomy using the same entrance ticket.
- The Arena Floor Colosseum is a reserved entrance. To enter, visitors must provide their full name; date of birth; and a valid identity document. Checking the documents is random. Children are also subjected to the control of identity documents.
- The Arena Floor Colosseum is accessible only with a specific ticket (included in our Tour) and with an authorized guide.
Do you have doubts about purchasing the Arena Floor Colosseum Virtual Reality Tour? Call us without obligation at +39 3313586107.
- Colosseum (guided)
- Roman Forum (self guided)
- Palatine Hill (self guided)
- VR Assistant in Italian and English
- VR headsets
- Integrated audio guide (Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese)
- Eye mask cover for VR headset
- Hand sanitizing gel
- RC insurance
- Expert Tour Guide in Italian and English
- Arena Floor Colosseum VIP access
- Access to the Underground and the Third Order
- Transport to/from the hotel
Important things to know
- It is recommended to show up at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour. Customers who arrive late at the meeting point can NO longer join the tour, therefore they are not entitled to any kind of rights or reimbursement.
- Please show the voucher to the staff (also in electronic form)
- Attention: for various reasons (extreme weather conditions or security reasons) the management of the Colosseum may deny access to the direct entrance from the Arena floor Colosseum.
- Ancient and Recent is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum and Roman Forum because of strikes, union meetings, bad weather etc.
- Tour not available on 1st January, 1st May, 25th December
- Online bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance, last minute bookings are accepted by phone or email.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and bring a valid ID
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Large suitcases and bags are not allowed inside the attractions.
- The presence of pets is not allowed
- For help with meeting points or other urgent issues, please phone +39 3313586107
- In case of rain, all our tours run regularly.
Meet us here
The meeting point established is the ARCH OF CONSTANTINE (Colosseum side). Here you will meet our staff with a black flag and golden “Ancient & Recent” logo
Need to cancel your trip?
If you cancel your reservation you will be charged a 30% cancellation fee. Cancellation between 6 and 4 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, you will becharged a 100% cancellation fee. Refund will only be issued if the tour was booked and paid for directly with Ancient&Recent within a week from the cancellation. The payment will not be refunded for any other reason (i.e. weather, change of travel plans, illness, missed train..).
You may also like…
Show only reviews in English (4)
You must be logged in to post a review.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Maria Grazia –
In transito a Roma per un volo internazionale con le mie due figlie liceali, abbiamo deciso di non sprecare le ore di attesa in aeroporto e di curiosare attorno alla proposta, vista on line, di “Ancient e Recent”. Al telefono ci ha risposto la gentilissima, professionale e veramente competente Cristina, che derogando a tutte le regole, ci ha accolto ed immerso nell’esperienza 3D benché fuori orario. Quando, all’ombra del Colosseo, spiegava le potenzialità dell’esperienza propostaci, da ex alunno del liceo classico sorridevo con sufficienza…a torto! Realmente fantastica la sfera immaginifica della realtà 3D, ci ha regalato un’immersione inaspettata nella storia dell’Anfiteatro Flavio e nella sua funzione quotidiana, con tutti i suoi protagonisti: il popolo, i gladiatori, i leoni, l’aristocrazia e l’imperatore….Consigliata vivamente a tutti, grandi e piccoli, esperti e profani Un grazie speciale ed un arrivederci alla professionalità della brava e gentile Cristina!
It is extremely educational to do this activity. If you are a visual learner this is the best source of information. Be careful!!! This activity does not go inside the Colosseum!!! The Virtual Reality take places outside. I recommend to do this activity and then have another one to get inside the Colosseum
This was the BEST tour ever. Tour guide was most dedicated and most well informed. He was not in a hurry to finish the tour and told us a lot of things outside the colosseum as well. He was kind enough to gives us breaks in hot sun even though it meant increasing tour time. He even gave us amazing food and restaurant recommendations across Rome. 🙏 thank you
Ho prenotato questo per 2 ospiti dagli USA ed è stata un’esperienza divertentissima, con un’immersione in VR all’epoca dei romani. Il tour è disponibile in più lingue e le informazioni a nostra disposizione erano esaurienti e molto interessanti. Impagabile anche il biglietto salta fila per entrare nel Colosseo, Foro romano e Palatino.
Le guide che ci hanno accompagnato sono state gentili e molto disponibili, super puntuali e precise. Un’esperienza che consiglio a tutti, italiani e stranieri 🙂
Sicuramente da ripetere! Grazie a tutto lo staff!