Colosseum Virtual Reality Experience
Adults 15+: 24.90€
Child 4-14: 19.90€
Infant 0-3: 0 €
Colosseum Virtual Reality Experience
Experience the magic of the Colosseum by joining a Colosseum Virtual Reality Experience. Therefore, play, learn and have fun with us!
Meet the staff at the agreed point and join the group. The staff will certainly be happy to welcome you and provide you with all the information you need to carry out your visit in the best possible way.So set off to discover one of the most important amphitheaters in history wearing a latest generation VR viewer. Observe it closely as if you were really there in 72 AD.
In conclusion, three accurate reconstructions will allow you to take a virtual journey through the square, the arena floor and the undergrounds of the Colosseum.
What to see in Virtual Reality Tour
Discover the magnificent Meta Sudans, the fountain of the gladiators; the Colossus of Nero, which gives its name to the monument itself; then the Arch of Constantine and finally in the Temple of Venus and Rome. Through the animated and interactive reconstruction of the Colosseum in 3D, you will have integrated a multilingual narrative voice. Therefore, all the contents within the reconstruction that you will observe, were handled by the well-known Prof. Filippo Coarelli and by the Digilab Archeo & Arte3D department of the La Sapienza University of Rome.
On the Colosseum Virtual Reality Experience you can feel enveloped by the screams and applause of the 70,000 spectators eagerly awaiting the show. Gladiators; lions; freight elevators that open; and again the velarium, the magnificent red curtain that will close to provide shade; and finally you, who sitting in the emperor’s seat, will have the task of deciding the fate of the wounded gladiator. What will you decide? Will it be “death or grace”?
To end the experience, walk and lose yourself in the dark and gloomy dungeons. Animal cages and gladiator rooms alternate in a continuous succession of corridors. The slaves work tirelessly to prepare unforgettable shows. A magnificent labyrinth in which to learn the structures that allowed the show to begin.
So, are you ready? What are you waiting for! Book now!
- VR Assistant in English and Italian
- VR headsets
- RC insurance
- Integrated audio-guide (Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese)
- Eye mask cover for headset
- Hand sanitizing gel
- Colosseum Ticket Skip the Line
- Access to the Colosseum Underground
- Access to the Arena Floor Colosseum
- Tour Guide
- Guided Tour
- Transport to/from the hotel
- Food and drinks
Important things to know
- It is necessary to arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour start time. Customers who arrive late at the meeting point can NO longer join the tour, therefore they are not entitled to any kind of right or refund.
- Please show the voucher to the staff (also in electronic format)
- Tour not available on January 1st, May 1st, December 25th
- Online bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance, last minute bookings are accepted by phone or by e-mail.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and bring a valid identity card
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- It is forbidden to carry bulky and heavy luggage.
- For assistance with meeting points or other urgent problems, call +39 3313586107
- In case of rain, all our tours run regularly
Meet us here
The meeting point established is ARCH OF CONSTANTINE (side Colosseum). Here you will find our staff equipped with a black flag with a gold “Ancient & Recent” logo.
Need to cancel your trip?
If you cancel your reservation you will be charged a 30% cancellation fee. Cancellation between 6 and 4 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, you will becharged a 100% cancellation fee. Refund will only be issued if the tour was booked and paid for directly with Ancient&Recent within a week from the cancellation. The payment will not be refunded for any other reason (i.e. weather, change of travel plans, illness, missed train..).
You may also like…
Show only reviews in English (9)
You must be logged in to post a review.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Amazing experience. Loved it
Patricia Goss –
Nice and helpful staff, next time I will book a tour to visit the Colosseum!
Gaia Trevisano –
Un’esperienza che insegna e diverte. Stupendo, poi il fatto che si svolga esattamente di fronte al Colosseo rende tutto ancora più suggestivo.
Joan Ward –
The tour shows three major areas of the colosseum at the peak of its glory: the outside, the inside and the underground. This is a MUST if you’re in Rome.