Vatican Museum Virtual Reality Guided Tour
Adults 15+: 79 €
Child 4-14: 60 €
Infant 0-3: 0 €
Everyday (except Sundays)
Vatican Museum Virtual Reality Guided Tour
Live an unforgettable experience and take part in a Vatican Museum Virtual Reality Guided Tour. Study, have fun and learn with us!
With a Vatican Museum virtual tour you will have the opportunity to learn more about the history of the Vatican Museum and St. Peter’s Basilica. Put on a VR viewer and let yourself be transported into a history spanning more than 2000 years. It will be an extraordinary experience, suitable for all age groups!
Meet our staff at the designated point and join the group that is about to leave. This will be happy to give you all the information on your Vatican Museum Tour. So, start your journey inside Ancient Rome. Travel through an exciting multisensory experience; informative and fun. So give shape and color to your imagination.
Vatican Museum Virtual Tour
Retrace the stages of the history of Rome in Virtual Reality through different scenarios.
With our animated 3D reconstruction integrated with professional multilingual music and audio tracks, exploring the Vatican Museum has never been easier and more exciting! All the contents within the reconstruction that you will observe, were handled by the Digilab Archeo & Arte3D department of the La Sapienza University of Rome.
The history of Ancient Rome
First of all, discover the subdivision of the city of Rome into neighborhoods up to its expansion and enhancement. Become a spectator in one of the most feared circuses of all time: the Circus of Nero. Hear the cheers of the crowd inside waiting for a show; and finally hear the stories of how this Circus became the starting point for all subsequent events.
The Paleochristian Basilica
Then change the scenario. You are in 313 A.D. and the emperor Constantine allows Christians to profess their religion. What happened then? The first places of worship were born: the Basilicas. Here it is in front of you the first Paleochristian Basilica. The first St. Peter. Listen to her story; its events; wander around the surrounding buildings; admire the external and internal architecture; the frescoes; the altar and the bronze canopy that adorned the tomb of St. Peter. Witness its transformation over time until it assumes its current form.
Finally, conclude the experience by getting to the heart of one of the greatest masterpieces of humanity: the Sistine Chapel. The doors open wide. There he is with the color dripping into his eyes. Michelangelo. The great genius. Let him welcome you and transport you inside his painting. Witness the separation of Light from Darkness; to the creation of Adam and Eve; to arrive at the original Sin and their Expulsion from the Earthly Paradise. End the experience in a completely unexpected way. Go through the gates of Hell and meet Charon. Where is he headed? Here is the sound of the trumpets, the Angels of the Apocalypse arrive. So, look around. Bodies rising from the ground; the damned thrown down from the clouds; crowds of angels flying in the sky. In the center Christ who with his right hand up announces that the Last Judgment has begun.
Inside the Vatican Museum Tour…
Now it’s time to step inside.
Find out what’s left of everything you’ve already seen virtually. Finally, together with your tour guide, you will arrive at the entrance of the Vatican Museum with the Vatican Museum Tickets. Follow it to discover a riot of art and history treasures. A vast collection: first of all the Pinacoteca of the Vatican Museum; secondly, the marvelous spiral staircase of the Vatican Museum; the Raphael Rooms; the Laocoon; the New Arm of the Vatican Museum; and then much more.
Room after room you take a journey through different eras and testimonies. From Egyptian sculpture to the present day; from gilded ceilings to mosaic floors. You won’t know where to look. Everything is sure to be wonderful and unexpected.
Then conclude your Vatican Museum Tour with an open mouth admiring the riot of colors, bodies and floating garments of the Sistine Chapel. Observe every little detail; marvel; be amazed. It will surely be unforgettable!
Of course, all this only thanks to a Vatican Museum Virtual Reality Guided Tour.
- Vatican Museum (guided)
- Sistine Chapel
- Vatican Museum Skip the Line Tickets
- Sistine Chapel
- Guided Tour
- Tour guide
- RC insurance
- VR assistant in English and Italian
- VR headsets
- Eye mask cover for VR headset
- Hand sanitizing gel
- Integrated audio-guide (English, Italian)
- Access to the Dome of Saint Peter’s Basilica
- Food & Drinks
- Transport to/from the hotel
Important things to know
- Please show the voucher to the staff (including electronic)
- It is advisable to arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the start of the activity. Customers arriving late at the meeting point canNO longer participate in the booked activity, therefore they are not entitled to any type of refund.
- Attention: due to the mandatory security metal detector checks at the Vatican Museums, this could result in a slight delay in entry for “Skip the line” ticket holders.
- Children under the age of 18 must bring a valid identity document with them.
- Tour available every day from Monday to Sunday.
- Tour not available on January 1st, May 1st, December 25th.
- Ancient & Recent is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel due to strikes, papal audiences, etc.
- Online bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance, last minute bookings are accepted by phone or e-mail.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- It is forbidden to take bulky luggage and large bags with you.
- For assistance with meeting points or other urgent problems, call +39 3313586107
- In case of rain all our tours run regularly.
Meet us here
The meeting point established is VIALE VATICANO. Here you will meet our staff with a black flag with golden “Ancient & Recent” logo
Viale Vaticano, 100, 00192, Roma
Need to cancel your trip?
If you cancel your reservation you will be charged a 30% cancellation fee. Cancellation between 6 and 4 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, you will becharged a 100% cancellation fee. Refund will only be issued if the tour was booked and paid for directly with Ancient&Recent within a week from the cancellation. The payment will not be refunded for any other reason (i.e. weather, change of travel plans, illness, missed train..).
You may also like…
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You must be logged in to post a review.